IC Square is an Inter College Innovation Challenge, an intellectual property of Rajan Nanda Innovation Lab, an initiative by Escorts Limited. The program will scout for innovative ideas and start-up concepts in the area of Agriculture (Agri-Tech), Construction Equipment technology (Infra-Tech) and unique rail transport technology solutions (Rail-Tech). This will be an annual program which will select 5 best ideas to be incubated with a seed fund of 10 lakh each and will hold an equity in each of the start-ups.
1. These terms and conditions apply to the IC Contest rolled out by Rajan Nanda Innovation Lab, Escorts Limited ("Company") and by entering the Contest, the participant (“You”) accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Eligibility : This Contest is open only to those who sign up at the [IC-square.com] and who are [18 years of age or older] as of the date of start of the Contest. The Contest is only open to legal residents of India. Employees of the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, associates and channel partners (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable central, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Agreement to Rules : By participating in the Contest, You agree to be unconditionally and completely bound by these terms and conditions. You hereby represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, in relation to the Contest, You agree, confirm and undertake to accept the decisions of the Company as final and binding. The Company has the right to amend (add, delete or modify) these Terms and Condition governing the Contest, prospectively or retrospectively, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
4. Contest Period : Entries will be accepted online starting on [20th May,2020, IST 0000 hrs] and ending [10th June, 2020 0000 hrs]. All online entries must be received by [24th June, 2020 0000 hrs].
5. How to Enter : The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at [IC-Square.com]. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible and be successful in the Contest. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, incomprehensible or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Company. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss of entries for any reason whatsoever including, due to any technical problems for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of computer service delays, interruptions, electronic failures or overloads, or for lost, misdirected or misplaced entries. The entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, not in prescribed format, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Mere participation/submitting entries in the Contest does not entitle the Participants to be compensated in any manner whatsoever by the Company.
6. Winners Selection and Notification : Company reserves, at its sole discretion, its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winner in the Contest. Winners will be selected by a Jury under the supervision of the Company. Winners will be notified by [Email] within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Company shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
7. Rights Granted by You : By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that the Company, anyone acting on behalf of the Company, and Company’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, submissions, statements about the Contest, and biographical information, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any compensation, notice, review, or consent from You. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work, and does not violate any third party’s legal, proprietary or intellectual property rights. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Company may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right(s). The Company shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the entries received for the Contest for any purpose as it deems fit, without the need for compensating You in any manner whatsoever. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Company.
8. Company Rights : Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, at any point of time, without the need of assigning any reasons, without any prior notice. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, COMPANY reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability : The Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the terms and conditions contained herein. All information provided in the Contest is provided "As is" without warranty of any kind. The Company makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the participant(s) and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timelines, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from Your participation in the Contest.
10. Disputes : This Contest is governed by the laws of India. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Faridabad, Haryana having exclusive jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances You shall be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. You agree that you shall not hold the Company and/or its directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, responsible for delays or any problem in connection to the Contest. The Company and/or its directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, death, mental trauma caused to You in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to your participation in the Contest.
12. Under no circumstance, shall the Company and/or its directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever. You specifically agree and confirm not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Company its directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Contest.